Easy Rosemary Chicken with Orange
With Mediterranean vegetables and a little sweetness from citrus, this easy chicken with orange and rosemary is super simple and extra delicious.
Throw everything on a baking tray with some seasoning and roast for a low fuss dinner that can easily be made in bulk for leftovers the next day.
Chicken thighs are juicy and tasty and pair really well with rosemary and orange. Switch the mediterranean vegetables for any medley of non-starchy vege you have.
Calories per serve: 339
½ red onion, cut into wedges
½ red pepper, cut into chunks
½ courgette (zucchini), cut into chunks
½ orange, cut into chunks
Fresh rosemary (about ½ tbsp finely chopped)
½ tbsp olive oil
150g boneless chicken thigh
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/400°F/Gas mark 6.
- Place veggies, orange and rosemary into a roasting dish with a drizzle of olive oil and salt and pepper – toss to coat.
- Nestle the chicken into the vege – squeeze over one of the orange chunks and season. Bake for 30-40 minutes – until chicken is cooked through.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 days. Reheat and serve.
- Freeze for up to 2 months. Defrost and reheat before serving.
- Batch cook and freeze in portions for a convenient meal.
- Serve with a crunchy green salad or steamed green vegetables.
Developed in conjunction with Dr Michael Mosley, The Fast 800 is an innovative approach to healthy living and weight loss based on the latest scientific research.
The online programme is for those that need more support and guidance for achieving long lasting health. Consult your healthcare professional and read our FAQs and medical disclaimer before beginning any diet or fitness regime.