Healthy Side Dish: Asparagus with Salsa
- Prep time:10 mins
- Cook time:10 mins
Simple yet effective, this asparagus with salsa is a healthy side dish, perfect for Easter.
A colourful and healthy side dish, that is low carb and presents beautifully on any festive table. Pairs really well with fish or any protein! This recipe provides one serving so make sure to multiply if you’re cooking for a family or large group.
One of this years new Easter inspired recipes, more available for members on the Online Programme.
- 50g cherry tomatoes, diced
- 1/8 red onion, finely diced
- 1/2 garlic clove, minced
- 5g parsley, finely chopped
- 5g mint, finely chopped
- salt and pepper
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 6 asparagus spears, woody ends trimmed
- Make the salsa: In a bowl, add the tomatoes, red onion, garlic and herbs. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside in the fridge.
- In a large frypan, heat the olive oil and saute the asparagus for 5 minutes, until browning a little.
- Arrange the asparagus on a platter and cover with the salsa to serve.
Join our email community
Learn more about The Fast 800 approach to healthy living by receiving our free content, health tips and recipes as well as exclusive offers, delivered straight to your inbox.
- If asparagus is out of season, this dish also works well with tenderstem broccoli (broccolini).