Keto Chicken Recipe: Curried Kebabs
- Prep time:40 mins
- Cook time:15 mins
Adapted from a recipe found in The Fast 800 Keto book.
These tasty keto chicken kebabs are delicious hot or cold. We used a Tandoori spice mix for these curried kebabs but you can choose any of your favourite herbs or spice mixes to cater to your taste. This keto chicken recipe is low in carbs, and high in protein so they make sure you’re maintaining a healthy lifestyle while indulging in food that’s bursting with flavour!
Our keto chicken kebab recipe is ideal for prepping in advance, or batch cooking for the rest of the week. On non-fasting days, pair with a big salad and tzatziki sauce to really make this a show-stopper.
- 2 bamboo skewers
- 1 tbsp full fat Greek yoghurt
- 1/2 tbsp tandoori curry powder (or curry powder of choice)
- 150g chicken breasts, cut into 2cm cubes
- 1/2 courgette, sliced into 1cm half rounds
- 1/2 red pepper, cut into chunks
- 1/2 tbsp olive oil, to drizzle
- Soak the bamboo skewers in water for at least 30 minutes.
- Make the marinade: mix yogurt and curry powder together, coat the chicken and let it marinate in the fridge for 30 minutes, while your skewers are soaking (see notes below).
- Thread the chicken onto the skewers, alternating with courgette and peppers.
- In a large frying pan (or on the BBQ), fry the kebabs in olive oil for a few minutes on each side until chicken is cooked through.
Join our email community
Learn more about The Fast 800 approach to healthy living by receiving our free content, health tips and recipes as well as exclusive offers, delivered straight to your inbox.
- Marinate the chicken the night before to save on time.
- Choose any curry powder you like! We used a Tandoori spice mix for this recipe. Make sure it’s gluten free, if you require this.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Reheat and serve.
- Batch cook and freeze in portions for up to 2 months. Defrost and reheat before serving.
- Non-fasting day? Serve with a big salad and tzatziki on the side (you can find this recipe in Explore > Recipes).