Protein Mug Cake
A different way to use our shakes powders – and perfect for a warm breakfast that feels like dessert. This super simple protein mug cake only takes a couple of minutes to prepare and packs a powerful protein punch that will keep you energised for hours.
This protein mug cake uses The Fast 800 chocolate shakes powder; our shakes have been developed to support fasting. Low in sugar and starchy carbs, high in protein, fibre and quality fats. Our shakes have been developed to give you the nutrient blend you need to keep you full and satisfied throughout the day.
Calories per UK serving: 346 calories
Calories per AUS serving: 351 calories
Prep time: 2 minutes
Cook time: 2 minutes
- 50g The Fast 800 Chocolate Shakes Powder
- 100ml milk
- ¼ tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 30g plain full fat greek yogurt
- 30g assorted berries
- Mix dry ingredients with the milk and oil in a large mug, ensuring there are no lumps.
- Microwave on high for 80 seconds*.
- Top with yogurt and fresh berries to complete your protein mug cake
*Cook time based on a 1000 Watt microwave – cooking time may need to change depending on the wattage of your microwave.
Useful information: When it comes to yogurt, there are multiple reasons we always promote the full-fat varieties, as opposed to low-fat:
- Low fat products are stripped of their nutrients and often laden with additives and sugar. This is to compensate for the flavour that gets removed in the process of making them fat free.
- Eating healthy fats, rich in mono and polyunsaturates will not only satisfy your taste buds but curb your appetite too as they slow the rate in which the stomach empties, delaying its cue to signal for more food.