Chia Breakfast Bircher
- Prep time:360 mins
- Cook time: mins
Chia seeds offer so much versatility. Enjoy this and other variations of a make-ahead bircher, scatter over almost any food or mix and soak to create a creamy texture.
Nutrition facts(per serving)
- 20 g chia seeds
- 40 g whole rolled oats
- 200 ml water
- 100 ml full fat canned coconut milk
- 2 passionfruit
- 60 g assorted berries
- 20 g hazelnuts, chopped
- Combine the chia seeds, oats, water and coconut milk. Stir well.
- Divide the mixture between 2 small bowls and leave to stand for 30 minutes (or prepare the night before and keep in the fridge).
- Plate up one portion and stir the seeds from 1 passion fruit through the oat mixture. Top with half the berries and hazelnuts.
Join our email community
Learn more about The Fast 800 approach to healthy living by receiving our free content, health tips and recipes as well as exclusive offers, delivered straight to your inbox.
- Keep the second portion in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days. When ready to eat, stir in the seeds from the second passion fruit and sprinkle with the remaining berries and chopped hazelnuts to serve.
- Chia seeds are a powerhouse of nutrition – rich in omega 3, an important fatty acid which protects the cardiovascular system and improves cholesterol.