Chia Breakfast Bircher
Chia seeds offer so much versatility. Enjoy this and other variations of a make-ahead bircher, scatter over almost any food or mix and soak to create a creamy texture.
Serves 1 with leftovers
Calories per serving: 245
Prep time: 5 minutes, plus soaking time
Cooking time: 0 minutes
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 40 g rolled oats
- 200 ml full fat (tinned) coconut milk
- 2 passion fruit
- 60 g assorted berries, (strawberries, raspberries, blueberries)
- 20 g hazelnuts, toasted and chopped
- Combine the chia seeds, oats and coconut milk. Stir well.
- Divide the mixture between 2 small bowls and leave to stand for 30 minutes (or prepare the night before and keep in the fridge).
- Plate up one portion and stir the seeds from 1 passion fruit through the oat mixture. Top with half the berries and hazelnuts.
LEFTOVER TIP: Keep the second portion in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days. When ready to eat, stir in the seeds from the second passion fruit and sprinkle with the remaining berries and chopped hazelnuts to serve.
Note: Chia seeds are a powerhouse of nutrition – rich in omega 3, an important fatty acid which protects the cardiovascular system and improves cholesterol.
Want to look at more low calorie, low carb Mediterranean style recipes you can do yourself? Find out more!
Looking to try the Fast 800 but need some extra recipes, advice and support? Try out the 12 week programme! All costing you less than a daily cup of coffee.